Mercury short arc lamps (also referred to by their abbreviation HBO) with a power consumption of between 200 W and 8,000 W are used primarily as a light source in the manufacture of microchips, Liquid Crystal Displays (LCDs) and Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs). In a constant co-operation between OSRAM in its capacity as the manufacturer of lamps and the device manufacturers or the local users, respectively, a wealth of mercury short arc lamps and variants thereof have been developed, which generate the right radiation for virtually any application.
HBO lamps for UV exposure lithography of integrated circuits:
- Uses the “i-line” of the emission spectrum (365nm) or deep UV emission (254nm).
- Long lifetimes with lowest degradation
HBO lamps for UV exposure lithography of flat panel displays and printed circuit boards:
- Brightest emission in the range 350nm – 450nm
- Designed for constant power and/or constant intensity mode.
HBO lamps for UV exposure of packaging, Mems, LED lithography:
- Used for mask aligners, advanced packaging, wafer inspection